Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Shoutbox, is it necessary?

in Site News & Feedback Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:54 pm
by HampsterW | 461 Posts

I can't do a 'recent post' box without way overextending my abilities. I can shit can the shoutbox if it is deemed not useful by the rank and file.

Change that you can truly believe in comes from the barrel of a gun!..........Greg AZ........Check! Check! Check!

Scroll up

RE: Shoutbox, is it necessary?

in Site News & Feedback Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:00 pm
by Larry W | 158 Posts

Zitat von HampsterW
I can't do a 'recent post' box without way overextending my abilities. I can shit can the shoutbox if it is deemed not useful by the rank and file.

Hamp,
I do like it, in that it should cut down on chatter in forum. But how a person would keep track of both at the same time I don't know??? It will all come out in the wash & in it's own time.

Larry

Scroll up

in Site News & Feedback Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:06 pm
by HampsterW | 461 Posts

It's for teenagers that have noting else to do, I don't like the ads, I will deal with the ad's that support the site (on the right) but I really don't need any more!

Change that you can truly believe in comes from the barrel of a gun!..........Greg AZ........Check! Check! Check!

Scroll up

in Site News & Feedback Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:13 pm
by Larry W | 158 Posts

Zitat von HampsterW
It's for teenagers that have noting else to do, I don't like the ads, I will deal with the ad's that support the site (on the right) but I really don't need any more!

So the extra add's come as a part of the chat box?? Hey, what ever is the least stressfull, & we do have "Off Topic" & "Stoned Geezers"??
The only other problem I see is like you just said, the Kid thing. all of a sudden chat box is overloaded Forums are empty, & no we really don't want to attract AOL chat room kids!!

Larry

Scroll up

in Site News & Feedback Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:15 pm
by Vaquero | 156 Posts

I like it, but, there is a certain amount of wisdom in what Larry said.
Neutral for me.

Scroll up

ref="http://www.mybannermaker.com" target="_blank">Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: SueKaler
Board Statistics
The forum has 1099 topics and 2418 posts.

0 members have been online today: