Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

How You Plan On Cookin' Your Survival Food?

in Strategies, Tactics, Training and preparedness Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:39 pm
by Greasy Paws | 111 Posts

I know a fire is the easy answer but a fire will draw attention with smoke and the light from a distance at night.I have one of the old hibachi cast iron grills and a white gas Coleman to use.Also have to consider the "Car-B-Q" manifold trick if moving via vehicle.A propane torch works good for canned goods too.

Scroll up

RE: How You Plan On Cookin' Your Survival Food?

in Strategies, Tactics, Training and preparedness Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:37 am
by luckybychoice | 55 Posts

a hobo stove works good,take a steel 5 gallon,or a 55 gallon barrel,punch several holes around the open end,and a few around the closed end,start your fire,place the barrel over the fire,open end down,use the othe side as a cook top.the holes allow air in and smoke out,keep the fire going.

Scroll up

in Strategies, Tactics, Training and preparedness Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:13 am
by HKBauer | 128 Posts

I am thinking dehydrated food, or if I get some fresh meat a dakota fire hole works well

Scroll up

in Strategies, Tactics, Training and preparedness Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:04 am
by HampsterW | 461 Posts

Dehydrated food is an excellent idea, my Grandfather used to dry all sorts of shit as he was a Mormon preparedness type. Dried food is tasty, light weight and will last indefinitely.

Change that you can truly believe in comes from the barrel of a gun!..........Greg AZ........Check! Check! Check!

Scroll up

in Strategies, Tactics, Training and preparedness Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:03 am
by runawaygun762 | 48 Posts

I agree with the Dakota Hole. I learned that one during a week-long survival exercise when I was a young infantryman. In the event of some worldwide calamity, though, fires won't necessarily be the ting you have to worry about giving you away. I live in the sticks and my intent when I get home is to really get to know all the people in the area I live, so my strength will be in community defense rather than camouflage.

Not to mention, one of my emergency food sources is other people, so having a fire visible is kinda like having a bait bucket for deer.

Last edited Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:04 am | Scroll up

in Strategies, Tactics, Training and preparedness Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:22 am
by Larry W | 158 Posts

All these Ideas are great, Also add a "Solar Oven" I have used them & still do on occasion, they work well.

Larry

Scroll up

ref="http://www.mybannermaker.com" target="_blank">Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: SueKaler
Board Statistics
The forum has 1099 topics and 2418 posts.

0 members have been online today: