Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Nitris - Norinco

in AK-47 Forum Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:41 pm
by Manu2014 | 75 Posts

I saw one Norinco underfold at the show for about $1500. A bunch of Century for $4-600 depending on add-ons. I'll keep my eyes open and find a good deal one day. I can always get a Saiga.

Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. Thoreau

Scroll up

RE: Nitris - Norinco

in AK-47 Forum Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:09 pm
by Nitris | 94 Posts

You can still find Norinco underfolders for around 1000-1200. That is about the going rate at this time.

State and government should be held even to the point of imprisonment liable for the deaths or harm to its citizens when that state or government prohibits them from protecting themselves.

Scroll up

in AK-47 Forum Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:14 am
by Manu2014 | 75 Posts

20 years late and $600 short. This guy had all very collectable stuff so I figured he was a little bit high. He had a beautiful Garand as well and a Thompson. He had to put a splash guard up to stop my drool...

Scroll up

in AK-47 Forum Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:24 am
by HKBauer | 128 Posts

I was looking at a Mosin 1943 and it had engraving on the side that looked new is that from the importer of what am
i looking at? It was the same on the Norinco SKS and AK

Scroll up

in AK-47 Forum Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:31 am
by Manu2014 | 75 Posts

Not Sure HK. I am only beginning to get into the military weapons. I do know that a lot of importers "manufacturers" will put enough Amercan made parts in to meet fed regulations. Saiga and Century are examples of this. I am only guessing here though. I also fondled a Jap rifle that still had the mum and had the aircraft sights and a monopod. Original leather sling as well. I just don't want something I can't shoot or shouldn't shoot...

Last edited Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:31 am | Scroll up

in AK-47 Forum Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:00 am
by Nitris | 94 Posts

On July 6, 1989 various military style semiautomatic rifles were determined by ATF to be “non-sporting” based on a variety of features and banned from importation. The authority to impose this ban stemmed from the 1968 Gun Control Act, specifically Title 18 USC § 925(d)(3). This ban included the “SKS style rifle” with certain features.

Shortly thereafter, various manufacturers began importing foreign parts and assembling them on locally made receivers. Congress responded in 1990 by passing new regulations. Title 18 USC § 922(r) made it illegal to build any firearm prohibited from importation as “non-sporting” under Title 18 USC § 925(d)(3). Note that only assembly is illegal—possession, transfer, etc, of such a firearm are not covered.

However, the 1990 law was so vague that in 1993 the ATF wrote regulations (178.39) that spell out the “10-or-less imported parts rule” and what “imported parts” mean. It states that only 10 imported parts are allowed in an unsporting imported firearm. This new law and regulation shows up in the 1995 Federal Firearms Guide. During the interim many rifles were built at home from imported parts without concern to parts count.
ATF has a list of 20 countable parts. AK's have 16 of those parts. If 10-or-less of the counted parts are imported, then the rifle is not restricted to the importable feature set. Just building on a US-made receiver is not enough, its the 10-or-less countable parts that matter.

State and government should be held even to the point of imprisonment liable for the deaths or harm to its citizens when that state or government prohibits them from protecting themselves.

Scroll up

in AK-47 Forum Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:02 am
by Manu2014 | 75 Posts

Thanks Nitris.

Scroll up

ref="http://www.mybannermaker.com" target="_blank">Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: SueKaler
Board Statistics
The forum has 1146 topics and 2468 posts.

0 members have been online today: