Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Chatbox logging people off

in Site News & Feedback Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:27 am
by HampsterW | 461 Posts

I found this info in the support forum, it seems this problem has to do with the browser, IE most likely so there is nothing that I can do to remedy the situation.....

Automatically logging out issue
by [nWo] JokerCCXXII Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:48 pm

First, I just wanted to say thanks for having a free shoutbox and support forum. The easy scripting was installed easily in my online gaming clan phpBB forum. I am only having one issue that I was wondering if you could address. I have the chatbox installed in the header section of our forum and it seems that everytime any member, myself included, tries to either refresh the page or click into a different topic in the forum the chatbox logs us out and we have to relog back in to the shoutbox everytime to post, unless they use guest.

UPDATE: I removed the Guest permissions to post and that seemed to fix the problem. In case anyone else was having this problem this is how you fix it.
[nWo] JokerCCXXII

Re: Automatically logging out issue
by [nWo] JokerCCXXII Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:18 am

Okay, oddly enough it is logging all the registered users out again on refresh and when the page is changed. I have teh shoutbox in the header of my phpBB forum. Please help!
[nWo] JokerCCXXII

by Sgt Martin Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:45 pm

I, too, have the same problem as Joker. Any advice on what to do?
Sgt Martin

by tim_aka_tim Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:36 pm

Had the same problem. Changed IE7 on all users PCs to allow cookies from freeshoutbox.net and seems to have solved it.

Can the cookie not be changed so that it works with the default IE7 "Medium" security?
tim_aka_tim

by Sgt Martin Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:47 am

Ah thank you! That seems to have fixed the problem for me.
Sgt Martin

by Svante Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:40 am

I guess IE by default treats the shoutbox as unreliable because it comes from another domain than yours, I can't see a solution right now but I'll think about one. If you or anyone else knows how to bypass this or can link to some technical info it would be great too.

Change that you can truly believe in comes from the barrel of a gun!..........Greg AZ........Check! Check! Check!

Scroll up

RE: Chatbox logging people off

in Site News & Feedback Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:17 am
by HKBauer | 128 Posts

Could be IE I use Firefox and have no issues with it?

Scroll up

RE: Chatbox logging people off

in Site News & Feedback Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:26 am
by HampsterW | 461 Posts

You're exactly right, I had the same sort of problem with IE at GS when I joined, it cut off right hand side of the page and drove me nuts.

Change that you can truly believe in comes from the barrel of a gun!..........Greg AZ........Check! Check! Check!

Scroll up

ref="http://www.mybannermaker.com" target="_blank">Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: SueKaler
Board Statistics
The forum has 1099 topics and 2418 posts.

0 members have been online today: