Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Greasy Paws Chili

in Food Forum Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:18 pm
by Greasy Paws | 111 Posts

Ingredients:

2 boxes-Carrol Shelby's Chili Seasoning
2 Onions-chopped
2 Green Bell Peppers-chopped
2 Red Bell Peppers-chopped
2 yellow Bell Peppers-chopped
4 Green Chili Peppers-chopped
1 clove of Garlic-chopped
5 pounds Hamburger
2 pounds Ground Sausage
2 packages Hot Links
1 pound Bacon
2 cans Kidney Beans
2 cans Pinto Beans
2 cans Chili Beans
1 can Sweet Corn
2-3 cans Stewed Tomatoes

Fry all meat in a frying pan til properly cooked.Seperately of course.I use a 5 gallon stock pot for the chili.Put all vegetables and canned items in pot,put in all cooked meat,add just the seasoning packets from the boxes and simmer slowly for 4-6 hours.Key word is slowly here.Stir often otherwise it WILL burn on the bottom.Feeds 6 people for 2 days plus enough for a gallon bag in the freezer.To reduce,just cut ingredients in half.Enjoy.

BTW,this chili recipe is used in my wife's aunt's restaurant in eastern Wa!
She likes my chili better than hers!

Scroll up

RE: Greasy Paws Chili

in Food Forum Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:29 pm
by HampsterW | 461 Posts

You guys, these recipes are great, keep 'em coming as man cannot shoot gun easily on an empty stomach (actually he is more accurate when hungry).

Change that you can truly believe in comes from the barrel of a gun!..........Greg AZ........Check! Check! Check!

Scroll up

in Food Forum Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:46 am
by Manu2014 | 75 Posts

Ha - I use Shelby's too for my quick made chili. My scratch is a labor of love. I'll get them up one day.

Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. Thoreau

Scroll up

in Food Forum Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:46 am
by ecaman | 29 Posts

Probably a pretty good meal, but far, far more ingredients in it than any chili I've ever had in the southwest. Oh well, to each his own. Look how many recipies there are for "authentic barbeque" from the different areas of the country.

Curmudgeon

Scroll up

in Food Forum Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:51 am
by Manu2014 | 75 Posts

They opened a Dickies (TX Style) across the street from a NC BBQ joint. I thought there would be a shootout.

Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. Thoreau

Scroll up

in Food Forum Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:54 pm
by Greasy Paws | 111 Posts

Bob,i look at chili kinda like a stew.put in what YOU like.

"My ardent desire is, and my aim has been ... to comply strictly with all our engagements foreign and domestic; but to keep the United States free from political connections with every other country. To see that they may be independent of all, and under the influence of none. In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington, letter to Partick Henry, 1775

Scroll up

in Food Forum Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:02 pm
by HampsterW | 461 Posts

Now there are words of truth, if you like it, throw it in the pot!

Change that you can truly believe in comes from the barrel of a gun!..........Greg AZ........Check! Check! Check!

Last edited Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:39 pm | Scroll up

ref="http://www.mybannermaker.com" target="_blank">Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: CarlosElliott
Board Statistics
The forum has 1148 topics and 2470 posts.

0 members have been online today: