Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Reloading General discussion

in Gun Discussion Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:41 pm
by catfish88 | 27 Posts

Ok guys, so what do you use, what's your favorites. I use a Dillion square deal set up for 9mm at the moment. My favorite load is 4.3 grains of Tight Group with Ranier ballistics copper plated bullets. Also, I found that Federal primers work best for my competition gun, which is a Glock 34 that I put a lighter striker spring in. The lighter striker did not like Winchester primers at all. I would get 4 out of 10 that wouldn't go off, but it eats up Federal primers just fine.

Scroll up

RE: Reloading General discussion

in Gun Discussion Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:59 pm
by luckybychoice | 55 Posts

why did you put a lighter spring in? were you reloading for the G34 when you had the factory spring in? what was that load? can you send me your G34? what?well i figured as long as i was asking so many questions...

trample the weak,hurdle the dead

Scroll up

in Gun Discussion Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:46 pm
by catfish88 | 27 Posts

Lucky, the 34 is strickly my competition gun, I put a different disconnector in, a lighter striker pin, ligther safety plunger spring and lighter striker spring, and all of this brought down the tigger pull to a nice 2.4lbs. The Winchester primers were just too hard for the lighter spring, but the Federal work fine. And I was reloading before I did that and the factory spring fired off the winchester primers just fine. Oh, and no, you can't have the 34. LOL.

Scroll up

in Gun Discussion Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:05 pm
by luckybychoice | 55 Posts

2.4 lbs trigger pull,what competition IDPA?,do you meet power factor with the 9mm loads or is that not a requirement in the competition your in? I haven't gotten a 34 yet but 6 just showed up at this gun store i go to,now might be the time to make the deal.

trample the weak,hurdle the dead

Scroll up

in Gun Discussion Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:42 pm
by catfish88 | 27 Posts

Lucky, yes, I shoot IDPA and yes I'm loading them hot enough to make power factor. The 34 is a sweet gun. It's amazing how much more accurate you can can be with just an inch or so of increased sight radius.

Scroll up

ref="http://www.mybannermaker.com" target="_blank">Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: SueKaler
Board Statistics
The forum has 1099 topics and 2418 posts.

0 members have been online today: