Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

NRA/Valhalla Training Videos

in Strategies, Tactics, Training and preparedness Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:51 pm
by Manu2014 | 75 Posts

I have a series of these if anyone would like to borrow them. I thought they were from Front Site but it is Rob Pincus from Valhalla.

Scroll up

RE: NRA/Valhalla Training Videos

in Strategies, Tactics, Training and preparedness Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:13 pm
by HKBauer | 128 Posts

Thats really generous Manu what do they cover?

Scroll up

in Strategies, Tactics, Training and preparedness Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:17 pm
by Vaquero | 156 Posts

Ditto on the generosity.
What format? My VHS player has developed an appetite :)
My DVD player seems content however.

Scroll up

in Strategies, Tactics, Training and preparedness Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:43 am
by Manu2014 | 75 Posts

I'll get a list together. I think there are 2 knife/hand self defence and 4-5 handgun tactics. All are DVD format. They really helped when I went to my tactical training class. At least I had half a clue of what was going to be taught. Comparing the class to the dvd's they are very similar in basics but each instructor has their own little nuances.

I don't see that spell checker in the tool bar yet SamHamp.

Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. Thoreau

Last edited Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:45 am | Scroll up

in Strategies, Tactics, Training and preparedness Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:56 am
by Manu2014 | 75 Posts

Oh and Vaq - I refer to everything as "video". Kinda like "coke" and they ask what flavour...

Scroll up

in Strategies, Tactics, Training and preparedness Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:02 am
by HampsterW | 461 Posts

Spell checker????? You shouldn't have dropped out of third grade

Change that you can truly believe in comes from the barrel of a gun!..........Greg AZ........Check! Check! Check!

Scroll up

in Strategies, Tactics, Training and preparedness Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:12 am
by Manu2014 | 75 Posts

To quote ebear "FUCK YOU HAMP". I dropped out of my one room schoolhouse in 4th grade. Had to pick rocks out of the fields so the mule would quit goin lame...

Last edited Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:13 am | Scroll up

in Strategies, Tactics, Training and preparedness Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:40 am
by HampsterW | 461 Posts

LOL such a sad story.....

Change that you can truly believe in comes from the barrel of a gun!..........Greg AZ........Check! Check! Check!

Scroll up

in Strategies, Tactics, Training and preparedness Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:36 am
by HKBauer | 128 Posts

Manu just do what I do, use grenade spelling your just have to get it close enough!

Scroll up

in Strategies, Tactics, Training and preparedness Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:01 am
by Manu2014 | 75 Posts

Here is the list. Let me know if you would like to pass them around.

1. Combat Focus Shooting & Home Defense
2. Advanced Pistol Handling
3. Extreme Close Quarters Shooting
4. Defensive Firearms Use in Public
5. Unorthodox Shooting Positions
6. Practical Blade Defense
7. Personal Defense Readiness

Scroll up

in Strategies, Tactics, Training and preparedness Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:03 pm
by luckybychoice | 55 Posts

I've got damn near the whole set,at least i think so,they keep sending them to me,can't be to many more....they are perfect to train with,at least when i go into a handgun course or carbine course i won't be a total noob,or "that guy".Can't wait.

trample the weak,hurdle the dead

Scroll up

in Strategies, Tactics, Training and preparedness Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:31 pm
by buck | 28 Posts

manu,
did you take instruction from Rob? Or did you watch the videos and go to a different school?
I watch SWAT TV and I like something he said: We explain to you why we teach the technique before we teach the technique. Well it was something like that. I thought that was great, when I went to Front Sight, it was more like a cattle call than individual instruction. I am looking for a place where serious shooters go and the first time gun handling public stays away from. Any ideas guys?

Scroll up

in Strategies, Tactics, Training and preparedness Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:43 pm
by HampsterW | 461 Posts

Clint. I was considering front sight, not worth the time and expense??? I am not sure now after your comment.

Scroll up

in Strategies, Tactics, Training and preparedness Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:08 pm
by buck | 28 Posts

Hamp,
I have gone twice, they have a lot of different instructors, the first time I went, I had a great instructor. The second a really bad one. I took the 4 day course twice and went back to interview for an instructor position. So I have a little behind the scenes that most people do not get. Overall it is a good school for the masses. The four day class offers an optional night shoot which is great, you get to go into a house for extra stress, and you get to shoot against fellow students during a knockdown target competition. I was given the membership, so it only costs me the plane ticket, food, lodging, rental car, fuel, and ammo. But those things add up fast.
The big problem I have with FS is the way they "instruct". The handgun course had 40 people in the class, 20 on the line with 1 range master and 1 instructor, sometimes 2. The other 20 people were "shooting buddies". They were supposed to help the students on the line with the instruction. That is fine if the "shooting buddy" has experience with firearms, but I feel that there were too many students to instructors. I have not visited other schools yet, I have a buddy that trained with Blackwater before they were Q, he said there were 4-5 students per instructor. I have watched videos, and I understand the videos are produced for sale, but there are 4-5 students per instructer on the Magpul "Art of X" videos.

Also, Front Sight is a two front company. The Catholic Church, McDonalds, and Starbucks are similiar in their two fronts. It is about real estate. Front Sight will try to sell you a membership, then try to get you to upgrade it. They are doing this to expand their facilities, but I still get calls and literature once a month from them. It annoys me.

just my thoughts on the school, call me if you want more information.

clint

Scroll up

in Strategies, Tactics, Training and preparedness Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:38 pm
by HampsterW | 461 Posts

Will do Clint, maybe this weekend. Thank's for the candor, Dr. Pizzazio's or whatever's (don't remember his name and to tired to look it up) video was 'nice' but it did seem to be full of rich first time gun buyers. I can go to the local range and get 20 shooters ~ and one RO, throw in my CCW instructor (skilled guy) and I would have front sight UT, it sounds like! If I am going to spend some money, I wan't training, not pistol/rifle etiquette 101, I already have that.

Scroll up

ref="http://www.mybannermaker.com" target="_blank">Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: SueKaler
Board Statistics
The forum has 1099 topics and 2418 posts.

0 members have been online today: