Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Site Feedback

in Site News & Feedback Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:38 pm
by Vaquero | 156 Posts

Hamp, let me start by giving you a HUGE amount of credit for the work you and you alone have done. Thanks.
Navigation was probly a poor choice of words. Scattered may fit better. In spite of the shortcomings at GS, I liked seeing the pics sam posted and the adjoining comments. Now sam's pics and such seem relegated to lower levels. (that goes for all who post and contibute). It feels like the posts and comments have been reduced to secondary.The "recent comments" box was a priority till squawk came along, seems forgotten now. I believe the KISS method is in order. We got more "topic" headings than we have topics. Maybe narrow it down to Guns, Girls, Politics/News. and Videos.
Seems the crust has replaced the filling.

Scroll up

RE: Site Feedback

in Site News & Feedback Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:53 pm
by Vaquero | 156 Posts

P.S. The only ads that bother me are male enhancement and feminine napkins. I aint seen neither. Good job!

Scroll up

in Site News & Feedback Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:55 pm
by HampsterW | 461 Posts

Creative criticism is welcomed, I think I did try to 'organize' my way to disarray. I will shorten things up at once and clean house a bit. There is a way for me to have a space for random rotating pictures as seen here: http://slcsubaru.freeforums.org/ Now the recent comments box is a whole other world, it would likely require me creating a custom site (which I may do in the near future) from the ground up, literally, what you see here is based on a 'cookie cutter' phpbb platform that has been highly modified to within it's limits, which is what 50% of web forums use, the other 48% use Vbulletin and the remaining 2% are custom outfits like GS. I will start making some changes tonight to fall in line with the KISS principal and please, everybody keep the opinions coming, because without them I am just doing this and that.

Change that you can truly believe in comes from the barrel of a gun!..........Greg AZ........Check! Check! Check!

Last edited Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:56 pm | Scroll up

in Site News & Feedback Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:03 pm
by Vaquero | 156 Posts

Hamp, take care of yourself and your family! This "outfit" can wait till you got free time. Besides, we may find in the morning that everybody but me likes it just like you got it.

Scroll up

in Site News & Feedback Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:39 pm
by Larry W | 158 Posts

I have to agree with Vaq, but we know you will get it straightened out as you see fit. I also agree about the forums as I said earlier, maby a Squawk in each one?? Don't know what the answer is, but have every confidence that you will get things as perfect as they can be got. Oh yea,, We need some 151 behind the bar & not just that regular rum???

Larry

Scroll up

in Site News & Feedback Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:47 pm
by HampsterW | 461 Posts

Zitat von Vaquero
P.S. The only ads that bother me are male enhancement and feminine napkins. I aint seen neither. Good job!

Don't watch NASCAR then....LOL

Change that you can truly believe in comes from the barrel of a gun!..........Greg AZ........Check! Check! Check!

Scroll up

in Site News & Feedback Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:32 pm
by buck | 28 Posts

A question: can the squawk box be in a permanent position. I.e. when you scroll down or up, the box stays on the window so you can still see what is going on in the squawk box and read the posts? You understand what I am trying to say?

clint

Scroll up

in Site News & Feedback Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:56 pm
by HampsterW | 461 Posts

Yes I understand and no, it can't 'float' as you scroll up or down.

Last edited Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:56 pm | Scroll up

in Site News & Feedback Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:16 pm
by buck | 28 Posts

damn, I don't want to hear what you can't do. Show me what you CAN do.

just kidding

clint

I'm warning you, I am a lethal killing machine. It was a secret government experiment. They did stuff to me. Spooky stuff... Anal stuff. It turned me into a dangerous telekinetic. In the words of Ancient Taoist masters, Don't start none... Won't be none.

Scroll up

in Site News & Feedback Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:31 pm
by HampsterW | 461 Posts

I have!!! In all honesty, it CAN be done, just not with our current platform. Have you ever shopped a site where the irritating " wanna talk online about a product" cloud follows you around? Keep in mind that what I have done here is virtually free, too me and you and everyone else, there are some neat features out there but they cost $$$$, I am happy to donate my time but I am not going to finance this place until it picks up some steam, which hinges on me getting our URL which I am actively working on.

Last edited Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:34 pm | Scroll up

in Site News & Feedback Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:28 pm
by ebear | 38 Posts

hamp....wanna kiss?

i am not a racist

Scroll up

in Site News & Feedback Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:58 pm
by HampsterW | 461 Posts

Please??? Kiss the bunny on the nose ebear (hint) my pockets are hanging out...LOLOLOL

Last edited Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:13 am | Scroll up

in Site News & Feedback Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:41 am
by buck | 28 Posts

Hamp,
I was just busting your balls. meant no malice...The site seems to get better everyday I log on.

clint

I'm warning you, I am a lethal killing machine. It was a secret government experiment. They did stuff to me. Spooky stuff... Anal stuff. It turned me into a dangerous telekinetic. In the words of Ancient Taoist masters, Don't start none... Won't be none.

Scroll up

in Site News & Feedback Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:44 am
by HampsterW | 461 Posts

I know Clint, I should have thrown a LOL or a smiley in there but I was doing two things at once when I wrote that. It did sound kind of dry...lol

Scroll up

ref="http://www.mybannermaker.com" target="_blank">Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Visitors
0 Members and 4 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: SueKaler
Board Statistics
The forum has 1099 topics and 2418 posts.

0 members have been online today: