Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Handgun Forum

in Handgun Forum Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:30 pm
by OozeRat | 6 Posts

Let's talk about handguns, daily carry safe queens etc. My one and only at this moment is a S&W M&P 9mm compact that I carry daily. Have 300 rounds through it and had no failures of any kind. Only complaint I have is it is a bit larger than I would call ideal for daily concealed carry.

Be prepared or be scared.

Last edited Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:42 pm | Scroll up

RE: Handgun Forum

in Handgun Forum Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:14 pm
by Larry W | 158 Posts

I have several, Ruger P-345 45 auto that is my carry piece 75% of the time, I am very comfortable with it. Be it that I have carried big bores for years & years, or my size, I am a fairly large guy at 6 foot 280.
Next in line for carry is my Taurus, 605, hammerless, 2 1/4" 357 mag, only a 5 banger, but real sweet & loads of power. Takes a lot of practice with it as it is a jumper & hand killer. A little 380 & 22lr auto round out the carry pieces. then there is a Dan Wesson, Monson built, 6" 357, A Ruger Super Blackhawk, 10" 44mag, A Taurus 608
4" ported 8 shot 357. a few other odds & ends here & there. Some are in "My Stuff" in Pic Gallery.
Wanna talk handguns, give me a shout

Larry

Scroll up

in Handgun Forum Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:35 pm
by WD4JIM | 9 Posts

MY LATEST PURCHASE
This is my new (used) toy.
FEG PA-63 9X18 Makarov 9mm

To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them...

Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Scroll up

in Handgun Forum Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:41 pm
by Larry W | 158 Posts

Howdy Jim,
Nice looking pistol, no experience with this one but hear folks like them?? What do you think of the weapon.
Do a review for us Jim, fit, feel, function, performance, Your thoughts Bud.

Larry

Scroll up

in Handgun Forum Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:53 am
by HampsterW | 461 Posts

CCW, Walther PPS 9mm exclusively, I have easily got 1000+ rounds through it with no issues, it is light, very compact and easy to carry. Unlike Larry, I can't comfortably carry my 1911 even with a sling and like Sam said a while back, I don't like the idea that it's the longest thing in my pant's...LOL
The only disadvantage with the PPS vs some of the Glocks is capacity, I bought two extended mags ($50 a whack, ouch!) which gives me 8+1.

Change that you can truly believe in comes from the barrel of a gun!..........Greg AZ........Check! Check! Check!

Scroll up

in Handgun Forum Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:49 am
by buck | 28 Posts

I carry a glock 30 daily in an IWB holster. I wanted a 10 round magazine sub-compact and Glock was the only manufacturer. I am not sold on Glocks being the end all be all, but I will and do trust my life and my family's life to the weapon. Sam is going to blast me, but as long as I shoot factory non lead ammo through it, I have had good luck. I put on an extended slide lock and had to change my shooting habits as I would sometimes lock the slide in the open position. I might change back to the original lock, but I have not made up my mind yet.

clint

I'm warning you, I am a lethal killing machine. It was a secret government experiment. They did stuff to me. Spooky stuff... Anal stuff. It turned me into a dangerous telekinetic. In the words of Ancient Taoist masters, Don't start none... Won't be none.

Scroll up

in Handgun Forum Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:18 pm
by ebear | 38 Posts

well, i've got a Jericho 9mm a taurus 24/7 in .45 , a Ruger mark 1 .22, a rossi .38 wheel-gun , A Sig p229 in .40 a Sig p238 in .380, NAA Pug in .22 mag NAA Guardian in .380...thats it in handguns.....weeeeeeeeee

i apologize

Scroll up

in Handgun Forum Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:46 pm
by ecaman | 29 Posts

My CCW carries: S&W Model 49 .38 Special with Crimson Trace rubber Lasergrips, and a Charter Bulldog .44 Special. I use a belt slide holster with a thumb break for each one of these. I have a Grendel P-12 .380 ACP, but I don't trust it mechanically like I do the revolvers (not of the same quality). I believe that the next gun I buy will be a Ruger LCP .380 ACP. Very small & light, very concealable.

Curmudgeon

Last edited Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:48 pm | Scroll up

in Handgun Forum Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:46 pm
by runawaygun762 | 48 Posts

My CC weapon back stateside is a Glock 19 in a Galco kydex paddle holster or Don Hume leather IWB with Heinie Slant Pro Straight Eight night sights and a 17 rd mag as my reload.

Scroll up

in Handgun Forum Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:15 pm
by Greasy Paws | 111 Posts

I carry my AMT Hardballer .45 7inch Longslide in a shoulder rig with a 2 mag pouch on the other side.It is big and heavy but I aint exactly a little guy either.I have my TZ 75 in 9mm but I like the .45 so much better.

"My ardent desire is, and my aim has been ... to comply strictly with all our engagements foreign and domestic; but to keep the United States free from political connections with every other country. To see that they may be independent of all, and under the influence of none. In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington, letter to Partick Henry, 1775

Scroll up

in Handgun Forum Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:54 pm
by luckybychoice | 55 Posts

Daily carry,Glock 26 with extended mag11+1,10 rd.mag as reload,also have Glock 19,but my son made off with it several months ago now,after he gave me back my Browning Hipower 9MM,also .25 Beretta for when i can't carry a gun,S&W model 10 in .38,and Ruger .44 mag Superblackhawk,there are a few others which will remain nameless,but they are pretty much gun locker queens.

trample the weak,hurdle the dead

Scroll up

ref="http://www.mybannermaker.com" target="_blank">Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: SueKaler
Board Statistics
The forum has 1099 topics and 2418 posts.

0 members have been online today: