Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

ESPN hits a new low, in Political Correctness

in Political & Legal Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:52 am
by LLE | 101 Posts

Poor Ron Franklin: He ran into a buzz-saw of PC, when, IN A PREPARATORY MEETING, he used an expression of endearment toward a female sidelines reporter in the presence of other employees [we certainly need more female sideline reporters to satisfy affirmative action]. The female responded that she felt that language was condescending, and Franklin responded [somewhat humorously] (OK, how about) "asshole". He was fired for that. I tell you friends, there is a lot more of this liberal-inspired insanity going on, then you might think. It is stimulated by extending "equal employment opportunity" and "affirmative action" practice to an absurd level.
I worked in management for one of the largest US corporations of its kind, including being a very large federal government contractor[EEO/AA required]. We prided ourselves in being civil and professional with our fellow [oops, not a pc term] employees, but in some meetings, there were heated discussions and differences of opinion, characterized by raised voices and colorful language. The females knew--if they were unable to stand the heat, they needed to leave the kitchen. They gave as good as they got, and they ultimately learned that was the best way to break the "glass ceiling". If we had fired every male, for complaints about their non-PC language usages, we would have lost a devastatingly large nucleus of very talented people.
I just took ESPN off my viewing list--no matter what games they may be televising. I am telling them "why", also. I think everyone should do that, too.

Scroll up

RE: ESPN hits a new low, in Political Correctness

in Political & Legal Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:04 am
by HampsterW | 461 Posts

I don't watch ESPN anyway! What I find interesting is that in my industry (wholesale auto parts) it seems that it is okay for the females at the shops and dealerships to refer to me and my coworkers as "sweetie", "babe", "dear" and "hun" (which I detest, very unprofessional) but you can rest assured that if we tried such tactics we would be facing some sort of harassment charge.

Change that you can truly believe in comes from the barrel of a gun!..........Greg AZ........Check! Check! Check!

Scroll up

RE: ESPN hits a new low, in Political Correctness

in Political & Legal Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:41 am
by LLE | 101 Posts

Hamp; There is no doubt you and your fellow [there's that word again] perpetrators would have been vulnerable, IF some one had complained. EEO/AA was one of my responsibilities, and I handled all discrimination charges. I often wondered how the fed agencies we crossed swords with, would have reacted if I filed a charge stating my workplace was being made hostile and uncomfortable by females who referred to me as "sweetie".

Scroll up

ref="http://www.mybannermaker.com" target="_blank">Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Visitors
0 Members and 11 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: SueKaler
Board Statistics
The forum has 1099 topics and 2418 posts.

0 members have been online today: