Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

hats always an add

in The Daily Diatribe Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:18 am
by jokergreen0220 | 75 Posts

DENVER -- The Colorado Avalanche are back in the post-season. Gonzalo Higuain Jersey . But they may have to move on without Matt Duchene. If Semyon Varlamov continues his breakout season, the Avalanche might not miss their leading scorer. Varlamov had a season-high 47 saves and Colorado clinched its first playoff berth in four years with a 3-2 win over the San Jose Sharks on Saturday. Center John Mitchell had a goal and an assist for the Avalanche, who moved past Chicago into second place in the Central Division with 100 points in what might have been a costly victory. Duchene suffered a left knee injury on the opening shift Saturday when he collided with teammate Jamie McGinn near the Sharks blue line. He fell to the ice and then gingerly skated to the bench. He is scheduled to have an MRI on Sunday. "Well know more after that," coach Patrick Roy said. "Its not good news for him and its not good news for us. Its the way its been all year." Despite the injuries -- Colorado has lost top-six forwards Alex Tanguay and P.A. Parenteau -- the constant has been Varlamov. He came through again against the relentless Sharks, who threw 74 shots at him. Colorado blocked 25. "Im guessing he was the first star," San Jose coach Todd McLellan said of Varlamov. "He should be." Down a player, Varlamov made up for it with an outstanding performance. He stopped 20 shots in the third period, many during the final minutes when the Sharks were trying to get the equalizer. His 37 wins are the most in the NHL and a big reason the Avalanche reached 100 points for the first time in 10 years. "Hes been tremendous," captain Gabe Landeskog said. "I think its safe to say we wouldnt be here without him." Colorado was a mainstay in the playoffs when the franchise moved to Denver in 1995. After winning the Stanley Cup for a second time in 2001, the Avalanche reached the Western Conference finals the following season before heading into lean times. Now they have a chance to return to the glory years with a young, eager group. "Were certainly not satisfied with just squeaking into the playoffs, we want to do damage," Landeskog said. Mitchell moved up to centre Colorados top line, and came through with a big power-play goal to give Colorado a 3-1 lead at 6:32 of the second period. "It came right to me slow enough so I could get a forehand shot and I just one-timed it into the back of the net," Mitchell said. "I was just at the right place at the right time." Paul Stastny and Cody McLeod also scored for Colorado. Varlamovs strong play beforehand helped Colorado maintain a 2-1 lead. The Sharks outshot the Avalanche 11-3 in the second, many of those coming early when they were trying to tie it. Joe Pavelski and Dan Boyle scored for the Sharks, who are 1-2-2 in their past five games but still hold a slim lead for first place in the Pacific over Anaheim. Goalie Alex Stalock had 19 saves for San Jose before being pulled for an extra attacker in the final minute. "I thought we played extremely well, thought we generated a lot of chances," Joe Thornton said. "Its just sometimes you dont win those types of games." Boyle cut the lead to 3-2 when he took a pass from James Sheppard and scored off Varlamovs left shoulder 2:03 after Mitchell. It was his 10th goal of the season. The Sharks got a chance to tie on a 4-on-3 power play after Ryan OReilly took his first penalty of the season, a minor for playing with a broken stick. Stastnys 26th goal 1:33 into the game gave Colorado a 1-0 lead. Pavelski tied it on the power play less than two minutes later with his 38th. The Sharks had another power-play chance midway through the first, but McLeod sneaked behind the defence, took a long pass from Nick Holden off Boyles glove and beat Stalock to give Colorado a 2-1 lead. "I took my eye off the puck for a fraction of a second to make sure I wasnt going to get drilled," Boyle said. "I just caught a piece of it and missed it. Thats an unfortunate bounce." NOTES: Mitchell returned to the lineup after missing four games with a back injury. ... The Sharks reassigned F Freddie Hamilton to Worcester of the AHL on Friday. ... McGinn played after skipping practice Friday. He took a shot off his foot in Thursdays win over Vancouver. Ezequiel Lavezzi Argentina Jersey . -- The guys in green raced off the court and into the locker room where they danced and sang, compared whose shot was most likely to end up featured on "One Shining Moment," and checked Twitter to see who was giving them a shoutout. Nahuel Guzman Jersey . Footballs governing body said Tuesday that of the 2,577,662 tickets allocated for this years tournament, 1,041,418 have gone to people in Brazil. The U. http://www.argentinasoccerauthority.com/sergio-romero-argentina-jersey/ . I kept my eyes focused up on the camera during each approach. I just tried to stay focused on my form, as I didnt know what the ball reaction was. I was quite emotional at the end. I did not actually see any of the shots in the game until I got home and watched the video.TORONTO - Trevor Harris doesnt have the luxury of easing into his first CFL start.Harris, 28, makes his CFL starting debut Friday night when the Toronto Argonauts host the expansion Ottawa Redblacks. He replaces veteran Ricky Ray, who suffered a concussion in Sundays 17-14 loss to the Montreal Alouettes.The Argos (7-10) must beat Ottawa (2-15) to remain in playoff contention. They also require Montreal to defeat the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Saturday to clinch second in the East Division and host either Saskatchewan or B.C. in the conference semifinal Nov. 16.Absolutely, Harris said confidently when told Fridays contest was a must-win for Toronto. Thats the best kind.Hamilton would clinch second with a Toronto loss or by beating Montreal on Saturday. The Ticats would finish first and secure home-field advantage for the East final Nov. 23 by beating the Alouettes by eight points or more.At first glance, giving a young quarterback the chance to make his first start against an expansion franchise would seem a perfect scenario for the Argos. But theyre the only CFL team not to beat Ottawa this season as the Redblacks defeated Toronto 18-17 in their home opener July 18 the only other time the two clubs met.They beat us so theyve got our attention regardless, Toronto head coach Scott Milanovich said. If we dont play well they can beat us, theyve already proven that.The six-foot-three, 209-pound Harris has played sparingly over his three seasons with Toronto, completing 33-of-58 passes for 424 yards and a TD. He was the Argos No. 3 quarterback his first two years before being promoted to Rays backup this off-season after Zach Collaros left to sign with Hamilton.Milanovich said he and offensive co-ordinator Marcus Brady struggled with the decision to start either Collaros or Harris last year when injuries forced Ray to miss seven starts. Ultimately, they went with Collaros, who went 5-2 during Rays absence.Marcus and I went back and broke down every drive relative to points scored and Zach was a bit better, Milanovich said. But it was very close and almost borderline unfair for Trevor that he didnt get that opportunity.He certainly has earned it. His teammates believe in him and I expect hell play well.Harris was productive at Edinboro (2006-09), amassing 11,899 passing yards and 100 TD passes. In his final collegiate game, Harris completed 50-of-70 passes for a Division II playoff-record 630 yards and five TDs while running for two more in a wild 84-63 playoff loss to West Liberty.Unfortunately for Harris, he only had one full practice this week as Toronto plays twice within a five-day span.It just felt natural to be in there, to take the reps and call the plays, he said. That can go a long way come gametime.I started a lot of games in college, Ive played a lot of games and theres nerves every time yyou step on the field. Sergio Aguero Argentina Jersey. But once that first snap is over, you usually get those nerves out and just start playing loose.Ottawa quarterback Henry Burris, a 16-year CFL veteran, said overcoming nerves is challenging for a young quarterback.You better get used to loving butterflies because youre going to be feeling them and seeing them fly around you for a couple of days leading up to the game, he said. The anxiety is going to be flowing the night before when youre trying to go to sleep and constantly start to rehearse plays in your head.The most important thing is his teammates are going to rally around him and give him the best chance of knowing that he doesnt need to do everything himself. I think thats the No. 1 thing you have to communicate to a young quarterback because once you press and try to do too much thats when bad things happen.Milanovich, himself a former quarterback, agrees.I dont want (Harris) trying to be a hero from the pocket, he said. I want him to get through his progressions and if its time for him to make a play he needs to make it.We dont believe our season is over. I told our guys this is our last chance to keep the dream we all have alive, which is to be champions at the end of the year. I think well come out of the game playing hard.Toronto will be making more lineup changes than at quarterback. Rookie cornerback Isaiah Green, who joined the Argos roughly three weeks ago, replaces Vince Agnew (Achilles) while veteran receiver Jason Barnes comes off the six-game injured list to start at slotback.Running back Curtis Steele (concussion) and defensive lineman Marcus Thomas (foot) also wont play.Burris will start for Ottawa but head coach Rick Campbell will give backup Dan OBrien plenty of playing time against Toronto.I want to get him in there where he gets into the flow of a game and is directing an offence and hopefully thats for a big chunk of time (Friday), Campbell said. I think it only helps us to know in the off-season what our depth is at quarterback.Hes done some real good things for us but we need to see him play for a good chunk of the game and see how that goes.Burris said hes fine with that.I know Im starting things out, well see what happens from there, he said. Regardless of what theyre asking me to do Im going to make sure I am ready.Im making sure (OBrien) is prepared and able to compete against whatever Toronto throws at him. Theyre going to bring the heat. They bring a lot of different blitz packages and love getting pressure.Ottawa can certainly spoil Torontos playoff plans, a role Campbell kind of relishes.Thats always an added bonus, that we get to have an affect on whats going to happen in the playoffs, he said. We know its a big game for them but its a big game for us because were a team that needs to get better each week. Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Cheap Jerseys Online Stitched Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale NFL White Jerseys ' ' '

Scroll up

ref="http://www.mybannermaker.com" target="_blank">Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Visitors
0 Members and 3 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: zxlbxj1
Board Statistics
The forum has 1223 topics and 2546 posts.

1 member has been online today :
riluowanying123